Rescuing Girls: One by One
91four began when its founders put our own money together to rent a small home for the girls on a humble half-acre of land within the city of Kampala. After a few years, we began to see all God was doing with the ministry and began to wonder if he might be calling us to do even more for the Karamojong. We knew that so many more girls needed help! We started to pray and fast and wait. And then it happened…
Through the kindness of a very generous (and unexpected!) donation, we were able to purchase five acres of very good land just outside of Kampala. We decided to plan what we hoped would eventually become a full-fledged campus for the girls, complete with a dormitory, kitchen and dining area, and an educational and vocational center, along with a Christian chapel.
We began with what we called “Phase I” of the project and, through the prayers and financial support of our donors, we were able to:
- Work with an all-Ugandan team to clear and level five acres of land
- Dig a Production Well to Supply the Campus with Water
- Run Power to Supply the Entire Campus with Electricity
- Install a Security Fence to Surround the Campus Perimeter
- Plant Crops and Fruit Trees for Self-Sustainability
After this initial work was completed, we began to fund-raise over the course of a little over a year for what we called “Phase II” which would include:
- A Dormitory to House 54 Girls
- A Shipping Container Which Serves as a Temporary Vocational Center
In February of 2019, we moved into our new dormitory and education center!
We are now working toward the goal of adding:
- A Christian Chapel (Which Will Also Serve as a Dining Hall)
Our plan also includes adding:
- A Computer Lab
- A Small Library
We believe that, with Christ, all things are possible. With your help we believe that God can do even more than we could ever imagine.
Please consider making a special campus donation today so that we can continue to expand our ministry and help more girls than ever!